SHOOTING GALLERY for Playdate
A downloadable game for Playdate
Step right up!
Aim for the middle and test your mettle against a volley of tricky targets, diabolical ducks, and bewitched bombs as they float tauntingly across your playdate. Use PowerUps to your advantage to reach the top of the high score leaderboard*.
Set a high score and then hand the playdate to a friend to see if they can beat it.
🎯 Quick, 30 second games.
🎯 Easy to learn controls
🎯 Point Bombs
🎯 Time Bonus pickups
🎯 Phantom Ammo (to aid in reaching higher hit streaks)
🎯 Full interactive tutorial included.
🎯 Motion Controls (New in beta as of 1.1.8)
🎯 No clowns!
Featuring music by Yubatake.
|Adds seconds to the clock to extend your current game.
|Shoot to stop at a random number and that amount of phantom ammo will be added without a reloading or resetting your hit streak. Reloading will be prevented until all phantom rounds are spent.
|Shoot one and a bomb card will appear in your hit streak. Clear the card before the reload counter reaches 0 and receive the points. Otherwise those points will be removed from your current score.
Free Demo Available:
The demo build is available to download for free and consists of the tutorial from the full game. After a brief walkthrough of the basics of gameplay you will get to preview the full experience. This should give you a good idea if this game is for you before purchasing.
Not present in the demo build:
- The full game and future updates
- High Score Leaderboard
- More Music Options
- End-of-round Gameplay Stats
* Leaderboards are on device only and not global since SDK games aren't allowed internet access at this time.
What's In the works?
- I'm looking into adding motion controls via the Playdate's accelerometer.
- I'd also like to add some level variety to the game, each with their own leaderboards.
- Some ideas:
- whack-a-mole style level
- a western themed saloon level
- Some ideas:
In order to download this game for Playdate you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- 1.2.0 - Adds Playdate OS 2.0 supportJun 17, 2023
- v.1.1.9 - Minor BugfixesApr 20, 2023
- v1.1.8 - Introduces Motion ControlsJan 16, 2023
- Version 1.1.7 released and Demo now availableJan 07, 2023
- New release 1.1.6 mostly polish and minor bugfixesJan 04, 2023
- New Year.. New Updates!Jan 01, 2023
- LaunchDec 23, 2022
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.